Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

Why I Want to Teach

For one of my classes this semester, I'm supposed to write a mission statement to describe why I want to be a teacher and what I hope to accomplish as a teacher.  I wrote it today, and while it will probably still get a little editing and tweaking, I thought I'd share it with you all.

My Mission Statement:
My goal as a teacher is discipleship.  I long to reach and disciple kids for Christ and instill in them a desire to then disciple others as they get older.  I want to accomplish this goal both in and out of the classroom by doing the following:

1.      Developing relationships with my students so that I can invest in each of them in a personal way and so that I can meet each student where he or she is at.

2.      Teaching students how to apply what they’re learning to their lives, rather than simply learning for the sake of knowledge.

3.      Helping students develop hearts of compassion for those around them and around the world who are hurting, and giving them opportunities to use their gifts to serve others. 

4.      Pointing them to Christ, helping them understand the Gospel, and teaching them how to seek Him.  

If you're a teacher, do you have a mission statement?  I'd love to see it if you do.  

No comments: