Pages

Friday, December 4, 2015

Advent

I've always loved this Christmas season.  Every year on Thanksgiving day, my family gets out the Christmas music as soon as we start eating the pie.  It's a fun tradition that kicks off the holiday celebrations.

But this year I started getting curious about Advent.  Growing up we always just went straight from Thanksgiving to Christmas, but as I've researched what Advent is all about, I've realized that I've been missing out on a beautiful time to slow down and think about what all this celebration is really about.

Advent is a time to meditate about why the Son of God left heaven to be born as a baby in a stable.  I've heard the Christmas story so. many. times.  It's easy to just gloss over it and not really let the wonder of what God has done sink in.

Advent is for thinking about the years that God's people waited for Him to fulfill His promise and send a Savior.

It's a time to worship God because He is faithful and kept that promise.

Let's slow down this season and adore the One who came to earth as a baby so that He could save us from our sin. 

No comments: