Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

Make a Difference

Last year in January I took a trip that was life changing.  For years I had dreamed of going to India.  I still don't know for sure why I had such a longing to go to that country, except that maybe it's a dream that God put in my heart.

I remember imagining what it would be like to step of the plane and finally be in India.  It was going to be the most amazing moment ever.

Then, last year, that moment came.  It definitely was not what I had hoped it would be.  I was feeling sick and terrified.  Thankfully, the trip got better and my time in India was incredible.  I love that country, and I hope that I get to go back someday.

One of the most life-changing things that I experienced in India was going with my cousin to meet the little girl she sponsors through Compassion.  It was so humbling to meet her and be treated with such honor by her and her family, as well as the other Compassion kids there.  They put on a special program just for us.  Then we went to this little girl's house.  They treated us like royalty.  I'll never forget how excited they were to show us the plastic green lawn chairs they had bought with some of the money my cousin had sent.  It seems like such a little thing to us, but they were so thankful to have chairs to sit on in their small home. 

I saw what a difference Compassion is making in those lives.

My dream is to go back and meet my little girl, Susmita, who lives in India also.



But even if I never get to meet her, I know that giving to her and praying for her is making a difference in the lives of her and her family.

You can make a difference too!  Not only do Compassion kids get a chance to be educated so that they can earn a living someday, but they also get to hear how Jesus loves them and died and rose again for them.

Make a difference in the life of a child.  A child like Judah . . .



http://www.compassion.com/default.htm



No comments: