Five Minute Friday: Miss

Friday, May 6, 2016

When I saw that the word for today is "miss", I immediately thought of what lots of little people call me . . . Miss Mandy.

I love being Miss Mandy.  I love that I get to invest in the lives of little ones.  These kiddos bring so much joy to my life and teach me more than I will ever teach them.

I love it when they see me and their faces light up and I hear "Hi Miss Mandy!"  I love it when they can't wait to tell me about their week and the exciting things they got to do or the things they accomplished.  I love hearing them pray.  Their child-like faith challenges me when they talk to God about whatever is on their minds, completely trusting that He is able to care for them.  I love seeing them develop hearts of compassion for those around them and around the world.

But it also makes me tremble.  I see kids every week who look up to me.  They trust me.  Am I truly living what I'm teaching them?  The way I follow Jesus matters, not just in my own life, but in theirs.  They are watching how I live, and if I walk away from the Truth or live in a way that dishonors God, they will notice.

I long for these little ones to know Jesus better and grow to love Him, and I never want to distract them from Him.  I desire to live in a way that shows them how amazing Jesus is and causes them to want to serve Him.

Only by His grace.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

betweenbluerocks said...

The sweetest of titles! I loved being "Miss Stacy" with various groups of littles at different points, and just now I'm not, and I miss it. :) Keep treasuring those times!

Carly said...

Beautiful post! I love how much we can learn from children. And I'm sure you're having a great influence. Just the fact that you love Jesus and want to show that love to them will have a big impact.

Andrew said...

I love the way you described this awesome responsibility, Mandy.

Before I became too ill, I taught at the college level...and found that I had to stand ready to be a spiritual counselor to students of different faiths. A strange position, to be sure, and I had to become very familiar with not only the Bible, but also the Qu'ran and the Guru Granth Sahib.

I did my best.

#2 at FMF this week.

http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2016/05/your-dying-spouse-151-missing-ewe-fmf.html