Pages

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Story - Five Minute Friday

There are parts of my story that I don't like.  When I look at it from a completely human perspective, there are times I'm tempted to despair!  I feel like I've messed it up too badly for God to use.  I've made it about myself.  I've chosen sin instead of God.  I've failed to serve those around me.  I've missed opportunities.

But God.

My favorite words ever.  He is so full of grace upon grace.  Last weekend at a retreat the speaker said that God, who is infinite (without measure), counts our sin.  But because He is infinite, so is His grace.  His grace, without measure, is so much greater than my sin. 

All the missed opportunities or the times I've made this life about me can be forgiven and redeemed.  When He forgives, it's for real.  I don't have to allow guilt or shame to take over.  When He redeems, it's beautiful and to the praise of His glorious grace!

"Oh to tell you my story is to tell of Him!"

Praise be to Jesus for His amazing grace.  Praise Him that He is the One writing and redeeming my story. 

(Join the linkup here: http://fiveminutefriday.com/2017/10/05/day-6-story/)

No comments: